Christian Courier is bridging the generation gap and creating a space for young and old to learn from each other through the Heritage Project.
Participants can sign up in pairs of people from different generations, or individually (we will help make connections with someone in your area). The interviewer (young person) will receive a question set, tips about the interview experience and submission guidelines. Interviews will ideally take place in person; however, online and phone interviews are also accepted.
The material you submit will be stored on our website, with select excerpts printed in 2017 as part of our celebration of Canada’s 150th anniversary.
We are looking for volunteers of all ages to contact ac.reiruocnaitsirhc@tcejorpegatireh and get involved! Email us your location and date of birth to get started.
Simple ways to help:
- 1. Discuss questions from the Heritage Project during Thanksgiving dinner. “Has a certain hymn played a role in your faith journey?” and “What does ‘home’ mean to you?”
- 2. Invite a grandparent or grandchild to be your partner and participate in this effort.
- 3. Share this article with your pastor, youth group leader, chaplain or small group.
- 4. “Like” Christian Courier’s Facebook page (facebook.com/ChrCourier/) and check it often to stay updated on the project.
- 5. Know any veterans? Find out if they’d be willing to share some stories as Remembrance Day approaches.
Have another gift to share? Photographers, videographers and editors will also be needed; get in touch for your chance to gain experience in the field of Christian publishing.
For this initiative, Christian Courier is partnering with the Christian Reformed Church’s Faith Formation Ministries, which encourages faith story sharing as a deep, rich, natural pathway to growing together in Christ.
You just read something for free.
But it didn’t appear out of thin air. Writers, editors and designers at Christian Courier worked behind the scenes to bring hope-filled, faith-based journalism to you.
As an independent publication, we simply cannot produce award-winning, Christ-centred material without support from readers like you. And we are truly grateful for any amount you can give!
CC is a registered charity, which is good news for you! Every contribution ($10+) is tax-deductible.